FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Domain Name Registration – Development – Web Hosting Packages – Email Hosting Packages
What types of small business do you work with?
We love building websites for all types of small businesses, including: skilled trades, health specialists, professional services, restaurants, religious organizations, and artists.
Do I need to provide all of the content for my website?
We will give you a content list and ask that you provide all of the text and images needed for your site. If there are some items you don’t have, we can provide them for a small fee.
How long will it take to finish my website?
After our initial consultation and receipt of payment, we will begin working on your website right away. From there, it usually takes about 3-5 days to complete.
Do I own the website after it has been built?
Yes. After you have paid the original $100 setup fee, you have full ownership of your website and can move it if you’d like.
Is there a contract I have to sign?
No. While there maybe a recurring monthly fee based on the package you select for your website, there is no contract and you can cancel anytime.
What Exactly Is a Domain Name? Why Do I Need one?
Domain name is in essence an easy to remember place in the Internet World. Think of it as a land lease – the very basic thing you need to build a house on top of it.
Some domains are cheaper and only cost the basic registration fee (US$30) while other can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. Most of the easy to remember one word domains ending .com and .net (such as insurance.com) are already registered by someone but you might still find some good ones – we are more than happy to assist you with this task.
What exactly is this “Simple Web Design”?
It’s a website developed using our own customized templates pre-configured for certain businesses (hotels, coffees, nail salons, etc.).
The website is “almost” ready, the part that is not ready is your content – your texts & your pictures.
Tip: check “Our Work” section for past projects and example sites.
The Simple Website project comes down to the following 5 steps:
- You place an Initial Inquiry (free) where you briefly tell us about your business, current website situation (if any) and any competing websites that you like.
- We get back to you with an Order Form where you specify details about your business (phone numbers, address), texts you would like to include, prices and listing structure + 3 photos of your business.
- We review the Order Form you submitted and contact you if we need any clarification (ie. regarding domain registration). If the form is fine then we issue you an invoice for the plan you chose, you pay the invoice and once we see it as paid we move on to 4.
- The clock is now ticking and within 5 days you will get your website, if we discover any inconsistencies or missing information during the development we will contact you.
- We contact you that the site is finished and you review that everything is consistent with the order form that you submitted, if not we will fix it at our own cost.
What happens after the project is finished?
The site is now live (anybody can access it) so after the 14 days or so we will ask you if you are satisfied with everything and whether you would like to keep hosting with us. We can also discuss some marketing help such as putting your business on Google Maps.
What do I get for $100?
The “Simple Web Design” package is a form based website design only, 30 days of complimentary Basic Hosting included. $100 means 100 USD (not AUD, CAD or HKD). It has to be paid with PayPal or Credit Card.
Let’s start with what it does include:
- Includes a website that is developed using the details in the form you submitted.
- Includes 1 web page and it will be finished for you within 5 days.
- It is responsive and mobile friendly.
- Includes 30 days worth of hosting, it’s same hosting where we also develop the site – your site will be online for 30 days with the $100 paid. After 30 days you need to purchase the Web Hosting plan or upgrade to the Combo Deal which includes Web Hosting, 1 Year Warranty and Email hosting the original $100 paid is deducted when ordered. If you don’t renew the hosting you will be given option to download your site and move it away.
- Includes compressed version of the site (website files and SQL dump). If you don’t order after the 30 days our hosting plan (or Combo Deal) your website will be suspended. When suspended you have 30 days to either ask for the download link or to order hosting plan, after this suspension period the website may be deleted forever at our sole discretion. Once you contact our technical support you will be given the link within 48 hours. The link will be active for up to 90 days then the compressed version may be deleted.
What it does NOT include:
- Custom design of your website which means anything outside the order form submitted.
- Photo taking, we expect that you provide your photos of your own business in reasonable quality. If you provide at least 3 high resolution photos of your business we can try and get some additional stock photos for you (+$5 each photo). We strongly advise against using only stock photos.
- Logo design, if you can’t provide a logo and want one we can get you a simple custom logo it will be additional $40. The project as a whole might be delayed because of this.
- Hosting beyond the 30 days.
- Website migration once it’s finished.
Once it’s finished you can ask for a link to download it, if you have no idea what to do with it please order “Combo Deal” and we will use the initial payment ($100) as deposit. If you order a website first and later find yourself unable to move it we can do the migration for you. We require initial migration fee of $100 (should be fine and cover the migration cost for 99 % of the hostings out there) and later $25/15mins if any extra work is needed. We reserve the right to refuse to do this job and we do not provide any assurance or warranty that the migration will be successful as we can’t possibly know if there is some misconfiguration on a 3rd party system, the migration fee of $100 may be refunded at our sole discretion.
- Maintenance of the website, security updates or changes – once it’s developed it’s final (unless you go with “Combo Deal” – see below).
- Marketing or promotional activity beyond website being designed using the best practice so it’s easy for Google to find it.
Who is the typical customer for this product?
It’s aimed at following customers:
- Customers who are in need of their own website (as Facebook page is not really yours and is by no means reliable – read below), these customers are looking for a “simple website”, they are NOT looking for a “complex, custom made website” which takes 3 months to develop and costs $5000.
- It’s aimed at small businesses with “typical” website for a Hotel, B&B, Pub, Restaurant, Bakery, Massage, Spa, Hairdressing, Nails Salon, Gym, Yoga, Martial Arts Club or similar
- It’s aimed at somebody who does not want to risk more than the initial $100 and later will decide whether they will continue hosting the site with us or their IT team will move the site to a 3rd party.
My website has been live for couple of days, I realized I need to change a few things. Can you help me?
Once the product is delivered and is outside the 5 days of development window the changes are considered final. However if you find out you need some additional small change within the next 3 days we are willing to honor it within the original $100.
Any tweak/change discovered in this additional 3 days window must not exceed 30 minutes of developers time.
Any changes beyond these 5+3 days are charged at 30 US$ per each 30 minutes of developers time, minimum billing period is 30 minutes.
Do you provide Emails Hosting?
We do, however only our “Combo Deal” already includes e-mail hosting which you would setup.